The Howard University Pharmacy Alumni Association (HUPAA) was founded in 1959 and is the oldest alumni constituent unit under the umbrella of the Howard University Alumni Association.
The mission of the Howard University Pharmacy Alumni Association is:
- To cultivate and promote the art and science of pharmacy and its collateral branches;
- To assure a high quality of professional practice through the establishment and maintenance of standards of professional ethics
- To foster fraternal relations among alumni of the College of Pharmacy of Howard University and the students and faculty;
- To disseminate pharmaceutical knowledge by providing for the exchange of information among pharmacists and members of allied specialties and professions.
- To offer or provide every opportunity to its members for post-graduate professional advancement;
- To support the necessary and proper obligations as well as the responsibilities of the alumni members to the University, the community, and the world
- To provide support and receive funds by deeds, gifts, donations, and bequests for the provision of programs and activities of the College of Pharmacy